Distribution Services Manager
The Richmond Times-Dispatch is looking for an Overnight Manager to manage on of our 7 distribution Centers in the Richmond Area. Ideal candidate will have experience in warehouse/logistics industry with management or supervisory experience. The District Manager is mainly responsible for the timely distribution of our newspapers to our subscribers in the Richmond Market. This role will manage the warehouse, its part time staff and recruit and hire independent carriers for delivery. This position is salaried, full time with benefits.
· Must be in generally good physical condition. Candidate should be free of leg and back medical conditions.
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs.,
· Must be able to bend and stoop to lift bundles.
· Must be able to push and pull carts of papers that could weigh over 1,000 lbs.
· Must be able to walk with 30 lbs. in each hand to move bundles of papers.
· Must be able to assist with the unloading of trucks with up to 4,000 bundles of papers daily or as needed.
· Must be able to handle delivery of open routes, getting in and out of the car, walking, handling steps and maneuver on average 3 to 4 flights of steps while delivering apartment complexes.
· Should be able to stand in the warehouse on concrete floors for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
· Should have no trouble reading list of addresses, numbers and following a map.
· Computer skills.
· Be able to understand and operate a Smartphone(i.e.: IPhone)
· Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Pay Type Salary
- Richmond, VA, USA