Classifieds Inside Advertising Sales Representative
A Classifieds Inside Advertising Sales Representative with Tulsa World and Oklahoma Weekly Group sells all our products and services to prospective local advertisers and to service and up-sell existing customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sell and service all assigned classified/retail customers with their advertising needs consistent with quotas and standards established by management.
- Build new business/inactive sales for advertising in the Tulsa World and Oklahoma Weekly Group within the prospecting guidelines.
- Responsible for answering inbound calls from the rotating main advertising line. It is the responsibility of the inside sales rep to determine if the account is active by using the Sales Force and Mactive software. If the account is active, if will be turned over to the assigned sales rep.
- Take space reservations from advertisers. Process appropriate paperwork for space and provide all necessary ad production/layout information. Obtain proof, forward to customer for review and approval prior to publication deadline.
- Responsible for making outbound calls with a goal set within the performance standards. Calls will consist of regular advertisers, inactive business and new business.
- Responsible for inputting ad and billing information into Mactive. Informs customer/client of total advertising cost.
- Sell contracts, special sections/pages and other products to increase revenue.
- Participate in ongoing training initiatives.
- File and maintain advertising information for each account.
- Handle customer complaints and problems in a professional and courteous manner escalating when appropriate.
- Presents a professional and helpful behavior and attitude to customers, peers & staff.
- Achieves Performance standards on a weekly basis.
- On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to attendance standards.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of departmental office procedures, policies and operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Able to communicate with carefulness, courtesy, clarity, completeness and in a professional manner to customers on the phone and in person.
- Strong administrative skills; organization and record keeping skills
- Able to perform tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy
- Able to react to change effectively, productively and handle essential duties as needed.
- Must have acceptable attendance and punctuality, may be required to work flexible schedule to accommodate.
- Strong data entry and typing skills, with speed of 40+ words per minute
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Pleasant telephone voice and good telephone etiquette
- Ability to work under pressure and within established sales goals and deadlines.
- Ability to multi task
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to handle stressful situations( irate customers, large volume of incoming calls)
- Ability to get along well with co-workers while promoting a positive work environment with others.
- Ability to positively promote and protect the image of Tulsa World and Oklahoma Weekly Group.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university preferred.
- 2 years related sales experience required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tulsa, OK, USA