Outside Sales Representative - Industrial
At Briggs Equipment, our employees and our culture are just as important to the
company as serving our customers. We believe our employees are the key to our
success. We pride ourselves in hiring the highest quality people, placing
emphasis on safety, ethics, integrity and respect.
We are an ESOP company. And we give thoughtful consideration to making
investments. We realize the decisions we make about investments and operating
practices ultimately affect the lives of our co-workers, families and business
partners. And like those who went before us, every one of us takes that
Our Mission Statement
“Passionate people, powerful solutions, rapidly delivering the equipment and services to
move people and materials.”
Achieving flawless execution of Safety First, Financial Performance, and Dealer
Excellence through the commitment of our employees.
Simply stated, Briggs employees strive to do the right thing by exceeding the
expectations of each other, our customers and our community.
Grow top line sales, market share and bottom line profit. Differentiate Briggs equipment, products and service from the competition. Develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and promote company brand. Ensure all Briggs Equipment standards are adhered to and executed consistent with company direction.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Finds, penetrates, designs, presents solutions, and closes deals particular to a line of Warehouse products.
2. Identifies, meets & develops rapport with target companies to ensure capital equipment purchasing decisions
3. Develops personalized business plans by customer account to ensure maximum customer and profit satisfaction
4. Meets or exceeds assigned market share and profitability objectives
5. Designs and implements vigorous prospecting plan to find, develop and execute sales opportunities.
6. Sells all equipment with Briggs Equipment portfolio to new and existing customers within assigned accounts and geography.
7. Maintains detailed account profiles and prepare sales reports as required
8. Enhances professional delivery by continuously increasing product and industry knowledge and interpersonal skills
9. Collaborates and knowledge shares with various Briggs Team members and departments
10. Attends and participates at company supported events and industry trade shows
11. Builds and maintains ongoing awareness of new products, services, competitor activities and market data
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Basic Knowledge & Competencies:
• Excellent Customer Service, communication and multi-tasking skills
• Outstanding Sales Leadership and Customer Relationship Building Skills
• Strong Financial focus, including capital buying process, cognitive skills, problem analysis, decision making and quantitative analysis
• Ability to assess customer patterns and adjust labor and branch focus accordingly
• Thorough knowledge of all systems, procedures, techniques, equipment, operations, standards and reports that apply to the branch.
• Strong understanding of warehouse operations; shipping and receiving, put-away, order picking, replenishment, facilities management, throughput, cycle counting, transportation and logistics.
• Thorough knowledge of supply and demand chain management fundamentals such as inbound raw material flow and outbound distribution.
• Proven success in designing, quoting, closing and project managing the sales and installation of pallet racking, shelving, conveyor, mezzanine, dock equipment and other allied equipment.
• 3 to 5 years' experience in selling complex products – experience in warehouse products are preferable.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in proficiency of MS Office, Project, Visio, CRM tools. – AutoCAD & plotting preferable
• 4 year college degree, advanced schooling or equivalent is preferable.
• Out of town travel: less than 25%
• Early mornings spent in the office, afternoons spent in the field performing direct selling activities
• Standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending on a frequent basis
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Pay Type Salary
- San Antonio, TX, USA