- PhD in a biological field with extensive bioinformatics experience, or MS or MPH in health information, information technology, epidemiology/biostatistics or computer sciences from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5-6 years of public health experience at a state health department or in a military environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and application of data cleaning and migration techniques are mandatory.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Excel and MS SQL skills. Excel MACROS experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAS, SPSS, and/or STATA software.
- Familiarity with ICD9 and ICD10 coding.
- General knowledge of epidemiologic study design and execution, descriptive statistics, Microsoft Office, and MS SQL Server.
- Provides consultation and support to the data manager, epidemiologists, and scientists
- Import, clean, transform, validate, and/or model data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making and public health purposes.
- Assist in making data accessible to epidemiologists, scientists, physicians, programmers and other end users.
- Assure the validity of data contained in a database file.
- Test data to identify data integrity issues, making recommendations and coordinating with the data manager to plan solutions.
- Troubleshoot problems concerning database records and communicate with co-workers and end users of the system.
- Consult with programmers and end-users concerning the outline of data requirements
- Perform data archive procedures within established guidelines.
- Recommends operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database editing procedures.
- Participate in data-related projects, data normalization, data maintenance, data research, data standardization, data product development, and data quality assurance.
- Publish findings as necessary.
- Complete ad hoc data projects as assigned.
- Inputs patient respiratory questionnaires.
- Trains junior epidemiologist and other program staff.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA