Mechanical Design Engineer
Huntsville, AL, USA Req #1714
Friday, February 28, 2020
CCI/Redstone Directorate of Public Works is seeking a Mechanical HVAC Design Engineer with 3-5 years of experience for employment in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will possess a basic understanding of mechanical design specific to HVAC, plumbing and gas design and construction documentation for mechanical systems in new and existing buildings. The successful candidate must possess the skills required to successfully execute multiple simultaneous project tasks, have a strong work ethic and work effectively in a team environment. This person will work closely with facility operations and maintenance staff and develop of design drawings and documents including calculations and analysis, drawings, and specifications for new commercial/industrial facility construction, existing facility renovations and mechanical equipment replacement. Project sizes will vary from single unit replacement to multi-million dollar facility construction projects.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing building mechanical design to include HVAC, plumbing, water and heat service on a variety of projects
- Typical projects include:
- Government Facilities
- Military single and multi-story office buildings, aircraft hangars, vehicle maintenance garages and shops.
- Administrative office buildings, laboratories, manufacturing, testing and computing facilities.
- Municipal and Industrial Water treatment facilities
- Perform HVAC load calculations, and ventilation calculations in conformance with applicable codes and energy efficiency standards.
- Prepare design of control systems including notes, protocols and interfaces and apply concepts to construction documents to control HVAC and building systems in accordance with Energy policies.
- Coordinating with other disciplines as well as other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors).
- Prepare construction documents including drafting utilizing Bentley MicroStation.
- Develop Engineers Opinion of Probable Construction Cost utilizing RS Means and local recent price comparisons.
- Performing construction assistance in the form of responding to contractor RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and performing construction site field observations reports and preparing punch lists during various stages of construction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Hold an EIT license or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- MicroStation experience desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Building Codes, ASHRAE, and UFC’s desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude with all colleagues and clients.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and computer skills required.
CCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. Hiring preference will be given to BBNC shareholders, their spouses and descendants and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
- Pay Type Salary
- Huntsville, AL, USA