Portsmouth, NH-ME, USA Req #2042
Friday, April 3, 2020
Project / Construction Manager for Federal Construction Projects
Location: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
CCI Utility and Construction Services, LLC is currently seeking an experienced, technically proficient, Federal Market Project/Construction Manager with a belief in teamwork.
Candidates must have knowledge about every stage of the construction process from scope development to project closeout. Typical projects are both design build and bid build projects typically ranging from $2M - $15M. Project manager would be responsible for up to $22M worth of projects at one time.
Project Manager will be responsible for obtaining, planning, directing, coordinating and supervising construction to ensure an on-time, on-budget project execution with high quality and no safety issues.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage project from proposal stage through closeout
- Handle any issues that arise resulting from unforeseen conditions
- Effectively manage and build teamwork within project execution team
- Manage subcontractors through project completion
- Coordinate with Quality Control and Safety representatives
- Direct project activities to ensure conformance to project budget, plans, specs, and schedule
- Forecast project cash flow in relation to project schedule
- Track financial performance of projects
- Prepare project reports for management and clients
- Interface with Client
- Maintain our excellent reputation
- Manage overall project team activities
Training / Specialized Experience / Certifications
- 15+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5 – 10 years of Federal renovation and repair type construction
- Management of Design Build and Bid Build projects
- Ability to help decipher and solve technical issues relating to construction
- Strong customer service ability
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Good understanding of legal processes
- Able to maintain morale within group and foster an environment of strong team spirit
- Ability to inspire trust and respect
- Support growth from within the company
- Ability to recognize personal shortcomings and be open to assistance
- Provide vision and motivation to team
- Strong ability to delegate and put trust in team members
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Maintain ability to see the big picture through the details
- Cost consciousness
- Maintain team environment and be open to others views
- Be able to accept feedback from others and constructive criticisms
- Focus on quality
- Understanding of Business implications and decisions
- Knowledge of Market and competition
- Ability to assist with strategic planning
- Excellent written, oral, and computer skills
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress, meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff and clients Background
- US Citizenship, ability to gain security access and pass a drug test.
- Ability to pass any additional background checks that may be required by the FBI for access to the site.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments. Is polite, conversational, self-confident, comfortable to be with and non-assuming.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills - Has the ability to build effective teams, to inspire others to their best, and to coach and mentor. Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion. Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by third party. Embraces life-long learning and strives to stay current with new industry trends and practice.
Bachelor degree from a four year college or university in engineering, construction or a related field preferred.
US Citizenship required. Ability to be able to gain security access and pass drug test required. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Annual salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
CCI Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Pay Type Salary
- Portsmouth, NH-ME, USA