Federal Construction Quality Control Manager
Portsmouth, NH-ME, USA Req #2044
Friday, April 3, 2020
Location: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, ME
CCI Utility and Construction Services, LLC is looking for qualified individuals who will be responsible for managing daily preventive and corrective Quality Control activities on Federal construction projects for the Federal government. The candidate must be able to conduct Quality Control Meetings, perform inspections, review submittals, and ensure testing is performed. Prepare all Quality Control certifications and documentation required.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Develop and Administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following Army Corps Three Phases of Control).
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process.
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing are conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities.
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems are eliminated or minimized.
- Maintain and submit hazardous material reports to government environmental office.
- Conduct pre final inspections/ establish punch list if required/ ensure all deficiencies are corrected.
- Coordinate and conduct final inspections with government contracting and civil engineer personnel.
- Submit as-builts on finished projects.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- In depth understanding of all Construction Divisions with an emphasis on civil / mechanical / HVAC / plumbing / electrical renovation / repair work.
- 10+ years in vertical construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $5M or greater.
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling and testing.
- Certification in Total Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments. Is polite, conversational, self-confident, comfortable to be with and non-assuming.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills - Has the ability to build effective teams, to inspire others to their best, and to coach and mentor. Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion. Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by third party. Embraces life-long learning and strives to stay current with new industry trends and practice.
- Pay Type Salary
- Portsmouth, NH-ME, USA