Federal Business Development Manager
CCI Alliance, LLC (CCI) is the business administration group for the CCI branded subsidiaries of the Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC), an Alaska Native Corporation. This position will specifically provide business development for CCI’s 8(a) subsidiaries offering design-build and construction services; energy services; facility support services; and professional services to the federal government in the South Central region.
CCI supports the BBNC mission of enriching the native way of life for shareholders of Bristol Bay in the form of dividends, economic development, employment, and educational opportunities. This position would be part of this great mission, directly contributing to BBNC’s and CCI’s success.
The Federal Business Development Manager position is responsible for improving the company’s market position and achieving financial growth primarily by identifying, shaping, and obtaining 8(a) direct award contracts. Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with existing federal customers; building market position by identifying new federal clients within the South Central region; and developing business agreements to meet or exceed the company’s budget goals. The position will require significant travel within the South Central region.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and monitor industry and market trends, focused on the South Central region. The South Central region includes TX, OK, NM, CO, AZ, and LA. Other states may be added to the South Central region in the future.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing federal customers.
- Identify and develop new federal business clients with the goal to obtain 8(a) direct award contracts.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing 8(a) direct award contracts; and integrating 8(a) direct contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect and develop the organization's image by embodying professional demeanor and practice in all business dealings and reflecting the highest standards for honesty and integrity.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or other appropriate field and with a minimum of fifteen years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in 8(a) business development, with the ability to anticipate funding opportunities and develop and close contracts.
- Strong knowledge of federal construction contracting markets in United States.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and professionally with leadership team to meet annual budget and profit objectives.
- Active federal relationships to support 8(a) direct award contract closures in the South Central region, with an emphasis on the federal construction industry.
- Must reflect high standards of honesty, integrity, respect, and reliability.
- Excellent presentation skills for in-person and remote presentations via telephone, on-line, and video conferencing. Must have the ability to cold-call potential clients.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, make decisions, solve problems, and exercise good judgment.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work from home.
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential information.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to access federal bases.
- Ability to travel frequently within the United States, with strong emphasis on the South Central region. Greater than 75% travel throughout the year and up to 90% travel during peak marketing periods.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Antonio, TX, USA