Sr. Construction Estimator *
Shalimar, FL 32579, USA Req #2125
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
CCI Construction has a great opportunity for an Estimator with Federal Contracting experience who would be based in Shalimar, FL. .
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the oversight of the estimating process for projects bid and awarded and will assist to establish standard procedures, methods, processes and software requirements for estimating.
The estimator will collect and review past project performance data and establish historical estimating cost and standards for future budgeting and estimates.
The basic primary duties are as follows:
- Review project bid documents and coordinate with local operations and estimate/bid/proposal team to ensure work plan and scope are thought through complete;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment;
- Develop general and special conditions costs;
- Ensure standard procedures and time frames are defined and implemented;
- Identify risk issues, their order of magnitude and proposed solutions to minimize;
- Assist and oversee subcontractor & supplier bid requests, relevant information and work plans;
- Assist and prepare work scopes, instructions to bidders, bid forms or solicitation information as needed;
- Assist and/or manage the quantity survey for self-performed or sub/vendor budgeting efforts for internal bids;
- Assist and/or manage conceptual budgets based on information available;
- Assist and/or review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics, means and methods, constructability and other information to ensure competiveness and limit risk;
- Review constructability issues with key operational staff;
- Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends;
- Form effective relationships with client, design teams, sub-contractors and suppliers that reflect and support company values that meet or exceed the companies and the customer’s expectations;
- Participate in industry, client and community functions to ensure and enhance our company image;
- Effectively handover proposal information on successful projects to operations;
- Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to professionally communicate in highly stressed environments;
• e4Clicks / RS Means estimating strongly preferred
• Microsoft office – advanced knowledge in Excel
A Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or similar field is preferred, or the candidate must possess equivalent combinations of technical training or experience. Salary is commensurate with experience.
A candidate should have 7 - 10 years + of Federal Contracting, commercial and other sectors of estimating experience, leading estimating teams and working independently on projects from 100k through $30 million. Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication, analytical and computer skills and or understanding are essential to be successful.
Experience with proposal types in varying stages include: design build, design assist, design bid build, hard bid and negotiated projects in various states of completion from concept sketches, schematic design documents and complete construction drawings and specifications are required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Shalimar, FL 32579, USA