STS Systems Support, LLC (SSS) is seeking a Graphics/Front-End Designer to provide support to the Air Force Security Forces Center (AFSFC).
- Design aspects of websites include graphics, links and forms, and the Designer will decide how these elements should work together to create a cohesive user experience and fulfill the purpose of the website. This might involve working with writers, system administrators, IT staff and other designers in order to understand technological limitations and how to create the best user experience.
- In addition to designing, the Designer may also need programming skills in various Internet languages (HTML) and use these to implement and maintain their web designs. While this is not always part of a Designer’s position, some programming and coding knowledge is advantageous.
- The Designer will be responsible for visually communicating ideas through a combination of art and technology.
- Meeting with AFSFC leaders and AOs to interpret the concepts they want to communicate and note their requirements.
- Periodically checking with customers to re-validate their requirements and make necessary adjustments to guarantee a favorable delivery.
- Determining strategies to deliver a clear message to a particular target audience.
- Preparing layouts or mock-ups of a design using illustration, text, photography, color, and computer generated imagery, either by hand or using computer software.
- Presenting designs for client approval and feedback.
- Organizing the production of proofs and liaising with suppliers.
- Preparing designs for digital or print publication.
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Provides back-up support to the Developer
- The Designer shall be responsible for preparing documentation in accordance with reporting requirements associated with execution of the project.
The current systems used include the following GOTS/COTS software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, InDesign. This list is not all inclusive.
- Experience in the required tasks (2+ years)
- Degree preferred
- Active Secret Clearance
- Security+ Certification
- Pay Type Salary
- Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, USA