STS Systems Support, LLC. (SSS) is currently seeking software engineers in San Antonio, TX
- Works under general direction.
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents programs.
- Develops and maintains web-site components if applicable.
- Participates in related areas, such as design, implementation, integration, management, and maintenance of complex databases, with respect to the operating system, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, guidelines, and statistical methods; evaluation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products; and analysis of network hardware/software issues.
- Provides guidance to other developers.
- Ensures compliance with standards and may assist with accreditation activities.
- Intermediate level Good working knowledge of Linux Configuration Management Scripting - Shell, Python and Perl - Intermediate/Advanced level RPM Packaging
- Intermediate/Advanced level Distro ISO building
- Intermediate/Advanced level Programming - C/C++
- Intermediate level (2+ years) Linux TCP/IP socket level development experience
- Intermediate Java knowledge a plus SVN Repository knowledge a plus YUM repository knowledge a plus
Security+ Certification Required
TS/SCI Clearance Required
- Pay Type Salary
- Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, USA