Clinical Laboratory Scientists
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA Req #2396
Monday, August 24, 2020
STS Systems Support is seeking Clinical Laboratory Scientists
- Assist in the planning, organizing, direction, coordination, and evaluation of lab activities
- Assist in assuring accurate time and attendance data for all laboratory personnel
- Assist in reviewing administrative and technical information and to be forwarded to lab leadership
- Assist in the maintaining of records and reports on lab operations necessary to provide workload accountability
- Participate in professional, technical, consultant, and advisory committees to improve working relationships with other staff members and to communicate with biomedical laboratory officers and members of other specialties within the laboratory and organization
- Assist in the analyses in one or more areas of biomedical laboratory disciplines including clinical chemistry, chemistry, toxicology, microbiology, immunology, immunohematology and virology
- Assist in the oversight of monthly workload statistical analyses.
- Assist in the management and performance of the development, evaluation, and application of new, modified, and improved procedures, techniques, and equipment for updating the branch, including data automation and reporting
- Assist in correcting any analytic technical problems within the lab
- Attend laboratory meeting and consult with biomedical laboratory staff and leaders
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of a program of quality control commensurate with specified requirements set forth by select national accrediting agencies
- Ensure personnel maintains the proper use of calibration standards, reference samples, and quality control charts
- Apply standard statistical methods to daily laboratory results, and ensures that results are reported only when they conform to predetermined statistical limits and criteria
- Review computer products from laboratory databases and systems as required
- Ensure equipment, apparatus, and other instruments are in correct operating condition.
- Advise lab leadership of the need to repair or replace faulty equipment, instruments, and apparatus
- Available to work shifts including Days, Evenings, and Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) not to exceed 40 hours per work week
- Possess at a minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologist, or equivalent as MLT, MT, MLS
- Be familiar with clinical, reference and Laboratory Response Network laboratory policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Be familiar with CLIP/CLIA, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) agency requirements for clinical, reference and Laboratory Response Network laboratories.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge, commensurate with grade and skill level, of the scientific principles of laboratory medicine, quality improvement/risk management concepts, quality control, and instrument operation and maintenance.
- Be aware of medical ethics applicable to performing lab procedures.
- Have working knowledge of the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support system (DMLSS).
- Be familiar with budget processes, personnel management, lab management, disaster preparedness, and medical readiness procedures
- Tasks may require long periods of working in a laboratory setting and/or at a computer.
- Must be able to lift shipping boxes/materials weighting approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA