Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA Req #2403
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
STS Systems Support, LLC. is seeking a Social Worker
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work, and have at least 4 years of experience in their field.
- Expert knowledge in the diagnosis and evidence-based treatments for a full range of psychiatric disorders.
- Professional, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, yet able to complete assigned tasks independently or with minimal guidance from team leads.
- Organizational skills; the ability to achieve set goals; initiative in performing assigned tasks; ability to follow-up complex projects with influence, and integrity; and ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel within and outside of the organization.
- Knowledge of military organization and culture and the unique stressors placed upon personnel in an operational military workplace.
- Prior teaching or instructor experience, in order to facilitate course scheduling and modifications.
- Knowledge of the sequence and time of key program events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Skill in preparing project papers, staff reports and decision papers; and skill and ability in organizing and delivering briefings to senior leadership, managers, work groups, higher HQ, to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to pass a government background and financial credit check
- Must be a US citizen
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Prior military experience, embedded experience, and/or previous experience working in a military research environment
- Provide mental health expertise and training for a multidisciplinary program and support for all of the providers in the field.
- Provide assistance in producing the curriculum for the training program, as well as the instruction.
- Provide research support and help gather data to assist in identifying psychological issues and their scope, and impact. This includes performing literature reviews and computer searches/retrievals to compile data for use in ascertaining he needs of assigned areas.
- Provide psychological consultation, education and training to military commanders/senior leaders and other mental health professionals and medical staff.
- Participate in scheduled team meetings by providing updates on course scheduling, content and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement initiatives to mitigate psychosocial stressors and risks and optimize airmen performance.
- Attend/support meetings related to expertise with government and civilian organizations, academia, and subject matter experts.
- Support program goals and objectives, the sequence and time of key program events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Skilled in organizing and delivering briefings to senior leadership, managers, work groups, to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and assist with the onboard of newly hired employees.
- Provide training in areas such as EMR, case management, Air Force mental health clinic operations and specialty evaluations.
- Provide evidence based mental health services at the base hospital, in order to remain current in the field and to remain a licensed credentialed provider.
- Participate in initial and on-going training, military specific training/activities and others, as directed by the unit Commander or his/her designee to include: continuing education, site visits, workshops, lectures, and seminars to maintain required certifications and updated program requirements.
- May be required to travel outside of local area for events that include trainings, seminars, conferences, briefings, interventions, and Geographically Separated Units. Travel may include commercial or military aircraft or vehicle.
- Complete all mandatory initial and annual training requirements necessary as part of licensure or credentialing renewal.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA