Inside Sales Rep I Retail Sales
Under direct supervision, provides sales and customer service activities primarily related to retail customers utilizing knowledge of sales techniques and industry knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides customer service primarily to retail customers, via walk-in, telephone or email, including assisting with customer inquiries on product selection, pricing, availability, refunds/exchanges requiring a working knowledge of company products, procedures and practices.
2. Actively engages in selling company products/services and related items. Provides material estimates and quotes for small packages (stairs, decks, fences, sheds, etc.).
3. Enters orders into system and schedules delivery of products.
4. Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
5. Participates in coordinating and conducting customer workshops.
6. Handles and resolves simple customer complaints and forwards more complex issues to more senior staff for resolution.
7. Assists with store housekeeping, signage, stocking, inventory control, and other related activities.
8. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
9. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of company products, competitor’s products and company standards
Knowledge of company product pricing, discount and estimating formulas and guidelines
Good verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrates strong detail orientation skills
Strong customer service skills
Knowledge of basic sales techniques, concepts and the ability to influence and persuade
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
UEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six (6) months sales-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Standing or walking for 80% of the day. Stooping and kneeling throughout the day.
o May be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds frequently; up to 50 pounds occasionally.
o Occasionally will use hand tools, saws, forklift, pallet jack to assist customers.
o Reaching-extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
o Handling-seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal opportunity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family SLSMKT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kearny Mesa CA Home Center - 4888 Convoy St (92111), 4888 Convoy St, San Diego, California, United States of America