Material Handler II Indirect Truss Shop
Under general supervision, handles and maintains the flow of materials and products on the premises according to established guidelines.
* Physically handles materials used to construct components and finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized; lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
* Records movement of incoming and outgoing materials and supplies and verifies the accuracy of work performed by self and other material handlers.
* Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment, some of which may require specialized training.
* Provides training and guidance to less experienced material handlers.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust. o Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds. o May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family PROMFG
- Pay Type Hourly
- Culpeper VA Truss - 13234 AIRPARK DRIVE (22718), 13234 AIRPARK DRIVE, ELKWOOD, Virginia, United States of America
- Culpeper, VA 22701, USA