Supervisor, Wire Operations
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Work is performed in a centralized environment, performing various wire transfer functions. Responsible for daily supervision of assigned department staff, under oversight of the AVP, Manager to ensure accurate and timely processing.
The incumbent supervises the assigned Wire Transfer Department staff.
- Monitors workflow and delegates work to staff as necessary to ensure staff resources are used with maximum efficiency to meet processing deadlines.
- Maintains logs, volume activity charts, records, and provide management with daily, weekly and monthly statistical data as required.
- Assists with the Manager’s or Assistant Manager’s duties in his or her absence.
- Decodes, logs, researches, inputs, verifies and/or approves outgoing wires on various systems with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Reviews and approves incoming wires (Swift MT103) before processing as necessary.
- Ensures proper follow-up and accurate record maintenance for tracing, investigation and correction of incoming and outgoing wires.
- Performs and maintains/updates RMA correspondent bank records.
- Performs SWIFT monthly BIC update.
- Performs Payplus quarterly BIC and FRB file updates.
- Reviews and processes Money Exchange Business wires according to Bank policy.
- Reviews and processes OFAC exception on Compliance Link.
- Performs wire security functions through call back procedures, and review of customer executed agreements in support of the service. Directs customer contact for receiving wire transfer request.
- Performs calls to customer to validate wires in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Ensures all security protocols for wire verification are documented along with input of tracking log of wires received and processed from fax and/or email submissions. Insures all submitted requests have been processed according to the department’s deadlines for wire transfers.
- Assigns and issues quarterly and semi-annual sub-test key to branches and departments.
- Reviews/performs End-of-Day balancing.
- Provides support assistance for the branches and departments on the Payplus Browser wire transfer processing.
- Education: High school graduate. Some college preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience: Previous banking experience in wire transfer processing environment as a lead employee or supervisor. Detail oriented with high emphasis on accuracy.
- Skills/Ability: Thorough working knowledge of all departmental wire transfer platforms. Thorough working knowledge of the Fedline direct Interface with Payplus computers and peripheral equipment to include Payplus Email. Thorough working knowledge of the BeB, FIS host session interface on Payplus. Operate S.W.I.F.T. and Fundtech Payplus system.
PC proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Excel and Word. Typing a minimum of 50 wpm. Knowledge of ten-key by touch and general office equipment. Good math skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank employees, Correspondent Bank employees and various outside vendors. Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) preferred.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Rosemead, CA, USA