Sr. Mortgage Loan Processor
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Following established policies and department procedures, responsible for processing mortgage loans. Provides support to Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO’s) in preparing loans for approval and document drawing.
- Take ownership in managing a pipeline of residential mortgage loans
- Provide coverage for other team member’s pipeline in the event of sick leaves or vacations
- Act as trainer from time to time by allowing new or less experienced loan processors to work on their pipeline alongside with you until they are up to speed with the department’s process and procedures.
- Proactive in checking submitted documentation for accuracy and potential problems
- Ensures timely processing of all assigned loans to meet department pre-established service level agreement
- Communicate with appropriate parties, including third party services, mortgage loan officers and borrowers, to satisfy underwriting conditions
- Thorough review and evaluation of all documentation related to loan file and ensure compliance with Bank policy
- Act as a liaison between MLOs, underwriter, closing agents and other related parties
- Provides and maintains exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
Education: Associates Degree preferred or experience equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years mortgage lending and banking experience with good knowledge of residential lending regulations and loan processing in a multi-state lending environment.
Skills/Ability: Organized, self-motivated and detail oriented. Able to develop working knowledge of Bank’s credit policies and approval process for assigned loans. Ability to assemble a completely documented residential mortgage loan file in preparation for submission of the file to the underwriting. Strong organizing and problem-solving skills; good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient; demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment and provide good customer service.
Preferred: Bilingual, paperless processing experience, and strong knowledge on processing portfolio mortgage loan products.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- El Monte, CA, USA