AVP, Relationship Manager
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
- Identify and bring new clients to the Bank. Each RM should have a specific new loan commitment/outstanding goal set by their Team Manager every year.
- If such an RM is also a Team Manager, then such RM should also have specific goals to cross-sell Bank’s other products and services.
- RM is to negotiate and structure the primary terms of the loan with the client; circulate concept memo if needed prior to issuance of term sheet/LOI.
- Work with designated underwriter, loan assistants and other loan support staff to prepare the Credit Commitment Report (“CCR”) for new loans, renewals, amendments and annual reviews.
- Present each CCR to the requisite approval authority levels. The finished CCR is the work product of a team but the RM is ultimately responsible for the content.
- Review loan documents, either internally prepared or by outside counsel, to ensure accuracy.
- Work with loan assistants and loan support staff to ensure all necessary items needed for the closing of the loan is in process and well-managed; RM is to manage the client experience of this process.
- Portfolio management functions include monitoring and managing the credit quality of the assigned loan portfolio.
- Review to ensure each credit is properly risk rated based on the Bank’s risk rating system.
- Reviews client’s accounts and portfolios in order to identify, evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss to the Bank.
- Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on best-in-class customer service while adhering to required timeframes from the client.
- Assist with mentoring and coaching junior officers and loan staff.
- Education: College graduate with major in related fields.
- Experience: 3-5 years of commercial lending and banking experience with thorough knowledge of lending regulations and credit/underwriting practices. Must possess strong loan negotiation (rates, terms, collateral requirements) experience. Must possess previous underwriting experience in the requisite area of commercial lending. Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank’s credit policy, risk management, underwriting requirements and loan servicing. Must have strong knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services and have demonstrated ability to cross-sell such products.
- Skills/Ability: PC proficient. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English/Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus but not required. Ability to work well independently to structure loans and/or lines of credits. Must be organized and detail oriented and able to multi-task. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production and team environment. Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines. Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision-making. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank personnel.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- El Monte, CA, USA