Record and Research Supervisor
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Supervises the daily operations of the Records and Research Area. Responsible for maintaining records in compliance with the Bank’s established policies and procedures. Trains, motivates and mentors staff. Ensures the requested documents/information are pulled and delivered in a timely manner.
Two Records File Clerks
- Plans, coordinates and executes assigned research requests in a proactive and timely manner.
- Supervises staff on a daily basis to complete research requests within deadlines.
- Tracks research progress periodically and analyzes and resolves research issues promptly and accurately.
- Retrieves required documents (bank statements, cancelled checks, etc.) for subpoena/summon requests, branch/department requests, BSA, and other sources.
- Monitors and oversees the research, collection and distribution of records.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments in research tools and techniques. Identifies areas of improvements and develops new methodologies.
- Manages the changeover from paper to electronic records management systems.
- Establishes retention and disposal schedule, controlling the number of records created and stored, and identifying which records are to be preserved for historical and research purposes and which should be destroyed.
- Ensures compliance with relevant policies and regulations of the bank.
- Some college courses completed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in branch support operations.
Strong organization and planning skills – can complete work in an efficient, timely and proactive manner.
Can manage multiple activities and prioritize work.
Strong interpersonal skills – can effectively build rapport, develop and maintain relationships.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Conveys a sense of pride in their work and the results attained.
Willing to put in extra time and effort to get the job done.
Strong ability to maintain focus, effort and pace under demanding circumstances.
Is self-motivated and takes action without being prompted by others.
Strong knowledge of banking applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate others to complete assigned work.
Can provide regular balanced feedback and train others.
Strong customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
Remains calm and productive in challenging or stressful situations.
Deals with ambiguity in an effective manner.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Rosemead, CA, USA