AML Sr Investigator - FCIU
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
- Maintains a current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations.
- Reviews various reports utilized by the FCIU Department for purposes of completing daily activities. Performs review of related transactions to assist in determining if activity warrants further customer review or referral for potential investigation. Analyzes complex data and makes reasonable recommendations for action to be taken.
- Completely and accurately documents steps taken through the investigation process.
- Clears alerts generated by AML software in accordance to established procedures.
- Prepares Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) in compliance with established regulatory guidelines and time frames.
- Interface with branch/lending staff to obtain information related to their client's transaction activity.
- Execution and/or implementation of projects, processes and initiatives.
- Work with internal FCIU groups to ensure consistent understanding of requirements.
- Function as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) issues, as well as broader functional knowledge.
- Communicate findings to VP Managers when necessary.
- Provides training, coaching, and reviews the work of other investigators.
- Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the function or department.
- Regular overtime is required, this includes occasional weekend days.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in investigations or related position.
- Skills/Ability: Understanding of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), AML, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) with the ability to apply and explain regulatory concepts. Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision. Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a high-pressure environment. Results oriented team player. Strong problem solving ability. Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and appropriate disposition. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal/written communication skills. Competent with in-house software and AML compliance monitoring systems. Proficient in MS Office (OneNote/Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- Monterey Park, CA, USA