SBA Loan Assistant
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Under minimal supervision and following established department policies and procedures, processes loan payoff, performs loan servicing work such as monitoring financial and reporting covenants, hazard insurance tracking, performs loan files set up and imaging, and prepares department monthly reports.
1. Assists Loan Officers in requesting and collecting customers’ business/personal financial statements and tax returns.
2. Perform the monitoring and follow-up of reporting and financial covenant in accordance with requirements.
3. Spread incoming financial statements and income tax returns.
4. Contact customers for insurance renewal; ensures all required insurance in the files is current.
5. Perform loan pay-off duties and ensure compliance with Bank policy, SBA guidelines, and requirements.
6. Assist Loan Supporting Officer in loan funding and loan closing; follow-up to ensure all necessary recording documents or post-funding documents are collected and filed.
7. Prepare and order various loan-related reports.
8. Prepare various monthly reports.
9. Sets up and images loan files.
10. Interact with customers to assist and resolve customers’ loan and payment related issues
11. Ensures compliance with Bank’s and SBA’s policies and procedures.
• College degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred but not mandatory.
• 1-2 years of experience in loan administration preferably in commercial lending.
• Some knowledge and experience in Accounting and Bookkeeping related field, experience in Banking related field is a plus.
• PC proficient and detail oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Bilingual (English/ Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- Chinatown, Los Angeles, CA, USA