Foreign Exchange Operations Specialist
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Following established policies and procedures and under supervision, assists in the areas of foreign exchange described below.
- Assures the accuracy of verification, confirmation and settlement of foreign exchange transactions.
- Investigates outstanding items from reconciliation of foreign currency nostro accounts.
- Reconciles and investigates outstanding items on foreign exchange and foreign currency banknotes G/L clearing accounts, nostro accounts.
- Check the correctness of daily currency banknote rate before upload to Intranet.
- Verify/Authorize all daily FX transactions.
- Input GL entries.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for management review.
- Perform end-of-day processing of daily transactions.
- Performs gate keeper function and reports foreign exchange transactions related problems to Treasury Risk Management team.
- Work with sales and funding team in monitoring and solving problem on foreign exchange activities.
- Check / sign daily federal wire payment.
- Release daily MT300 and MT202 swift for FX trade confirmation and payment.
- Create/send swift message to correspondent banks.
- Communicate with counterparties for any changes in FX trades including swift code and account number changes.
- Participate in FX system integrations and conversions and ensure that relevant material is efficiently communicated.
- Prepare/Upload DTCC reporting.
Respond enquires from auditors, counterparties, dealers and other departments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in foreign exchange operations and wire transfer environment.
Skills/Ability: Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel; some knowledge and understanding of International and International Wire Transfer functions; good verbal and written communication skills; good math skills.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- El Monte, CA, USA