Entry Level General Accountant
Position Description / Expectations
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monthly general ledger closing process via preparation of accounting journal entries, performing basic analysis of accounts and accruals, and posting journal entries into the system
- Prepares monthly reconciliation for assigned accounts including research, preparing any correcting entries for approval, and posting
- Perform accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports
- Assist the Accounting Department with monthly reporting, fiscal year end processing and financial report preparation
- Assist accounts payable & accounts receivable processes
- Manage & reconcile physical inventory cycle counts
- Assist Accounting Department with Cost Accounting functions; maintaining & updating standard costs, standard cost variance analyses & assist with annual ABC studies
- Prepare audit work papers and respond to audit requests
- Manage reporting for key performance measures
- Perform other special projects and tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 1-3 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong PC skills especially in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment/responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal and team skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accounting accuracy
- Must be a self-starter, meet deadlines and be able to handle a high volume of various tasks
- Ability to work independently under general supervision
If you have the experience and qualifications outlined above and are up to the challenge of leading the way with a key player in the global glass market - we would like to talk to you!
As much as we'd like to know about you, there's probably a lot you want to know about us. We don't mind telling you that Custom Glass Solutions is one of the world's premier manufacturers of large format laminated glass products. With three Ohio locations (Worthington, Upper Sandusky, and Fostoria) and one Pennsylvania location (Trumbauersville) we are experiencing rapid growth. We are also unlike any other company you’ve worked for and can open your mind to a new way of thinking about how you can embrace a new level of independence, integrity, and possibility that’s unheard of at work.
We have an exceptionally talented workforce that we value above all else. We are fully invested in our employees and provide them with hands-on training, compensation that is based upon individual contribution, unlimited career growth opportunities, and the motivation to be and do more. We take great pride in a workplace culture where our employees have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary. We are also very proud of a management structure that is designed to avoid bureaucratic nonsense and allows our entrepreneurial-minded employees to flourish. We have a culture that thrives on the initiative of our people. And it works.
We offer excellent compensation with a competitive benefits package that includes a competitive 401(k) match to help employees achieve their retirement goals. We have many opportunities for growth and advancement at all levels of our rapidly growing business. Qualified candidates are invited to explore the possibility of a rewarding career at CGS, where creativity, motivation, and enthusiasm aren’t buried in red tape.
Visit www.customglasssolutions.com to learn more about what we do!
Custom Glass Solutions, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Upper Sandusky, OH 43351, USA