Web Developer - Seattle Support Center
Web Developer – Seattle, Wa
Will consider applicants based in Idaho or Arizona.
Is “YES” your favorite word? If so, Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is seeking a Web Developer to own website innovation, performance, maintenance, and legal compliance. We are looking for candidates who are full of enthusiasm, flourish in a fast-paced environment, experienced in web development, and determined to create an authentic and exceptional experience for guests, team members and owners.
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, managing a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests, members and residents and phenomenal results for our property owners.
As a Web Developer, you will own the performance and maintenance of the websites across our portfolio and for Columbia Hospitality, including updating content on custom-built and CMS-based websites, building new pages, ongoing SEO, and legal compliance (ADA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.).
The Web Developer must be experienced in a work environment that requires strong UX problem solving skills and independent, self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration.
THE BRASS TACKS
The Web Developer will:
• Edit and maintain the code and content on websites across the portfolio. This includes custom websites, as well as those built on a CMS as necessary.
• User experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. Strong understanding of UX best practices.
• Conduct usability tests on each of the websites and create reports showcasing your findings and recommendations for improvement, along with the capability to implement those recommendations.
• Identify strategic ways to improve the UX and overall performance of our websites.
• Continually monitor and improve the SEO across all sites.
• Build new webpages using existing page layouts and potentially new layouts. Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design components and mockups.
• Become the expert in ADA compliance on our websites and ensure all websites are kept in compliance.
• Become the expert in GDPR and CCPA compliance on our websites and ensure all websites are kept in compliance.
• Conduct competitive analyses of other websites that operate in the same space.
• Collaborate with and manage third-party web hosting company(ies).
• Participate in the development of new websites with third-party designers/developers as needed.
• Develop a freelance network or other resources to supplement our in-house capabilities.
THE NITTY GRITTY
The Web Developer will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/education/training.
• 5+ years in web development (both front-end and back-end preferred, front-end required)
• 3+ years in Software - NodeJS, Azure, Redhat, Apache
• Experience in building and maintaining responsive and mobile-first websites.
• Experience with the following frameworks and more: Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace, Drupal, etc.
• Experience with Jira a plus.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines.
• Self-directed with an aptitude for team collaboration.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Competitive Wages
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and values.
Accountability | Enthusiasm | Creativity | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Salary
- Arizona, USA
- Columbia Hospitality Inc., 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Idaho, USA