Staff Accountant - Seattle Support Center
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality is a premier hospitality management company focused on the personal success and growth of its team members. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Columbia Hospitality employs nearly three thousand people throughout the western region of the U.S. to serve the needs of our award-winning hospitality venues.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Reviews and inputs vendor invoices into general ledger system for payment.
• Reconciles cash and credit card deposits to daily postings.
• Reconciles revenue to posting detail. Bills and collects unpaid balances.
• Maintains and balances an automated general ledger system by inputting and downloading data; scheduling necessary duties and tasks; obtaining and verifying data.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifies information.
• Prepares certain general ledger entries and maintains records and files; reconciles selected accounts.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting financial information.
• Provides accounting support for corporate and property management by converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
• Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
• Supports accounting and company mission by completing ad hoc assignments as needed.
• You will consistently promote and live the values of Columbia Hospitality - Honesty, Inclusion, Respect, Creativity, Enthusiasm and Accountability.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Accounting experience in the Hospitality Industry is desired.
• The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and mathematics.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to utilize office and accounting software: Great Plains, FRX, Excel, and Word are preferred.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Amazing PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia Hospitality Inc., 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America