Accounting Manager – Hospitality experience preferred
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Summarize Revenue and Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
• Close month end and year-end.
• Prepare financial reports, including but not limited to the Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, and financial analysis.
• Review the posting of payroll and related taxes.
• Prepare or review the filing and payment of all taxes.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts, or assist with their preparation.
• Monitor cash flows and enforcing budgetary controls.
• Follow up on past due AR accounts.
• Review vendor invoices and related account coding.
• Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
• Track capital assets and amortization calculations.
• Oversee personnel and perform office administration in the finance department, as needed.
• Maintain organized accounting filing systems, providing quick and easy access to information
• Assists other departments when necessary
• Potentially supervise one or more of the following positions: Staff accountant, payroll administrator, accounts payable clerk.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Business or Accounting from four-year college or university, or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five years of accounting experience in the Hospitality Industry and/or CHAE certification is desired.
• Two years of supervisory level experience preferred.
• Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and county tax laws and filings
• The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and parentages.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer programs. Superior Excel skills required.
• Experience using different accounting software a plus.
• Should be demonstrate flexibility and be able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
• Have a professional, friendly, and enthusiastic demeanor.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Sincerity | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia Hospitality Inc., 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America