Coordinator I, Written Complaints
CardWorks Servicing ("CWS") is one of the largest privately-held provider of outsourcing services for bankcard-related products to banks and non-bank lenders in North America. CWS offers management expertise across the credit spectrum and supports both MasterCard and Visa accounts as well as a variety of private label debit, credit, stored value, and customer bankcards.
This position will be a primary point of contact for executive and customer written complaints, responsible for investigating and resolving matters related to the overall business operations and practices. This position will review, assess and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner. Respond to executive complaints in writing, generally from the Better Business Bureau, State Attorney General, Department of Justice, attorneys. Respond to customer written complaints in writing, generally complaints received from an accountholder that is threatening to escalate (to the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General, file lawsuit) or an accountholder that is unhappy with the quality of service received or not satisfied with the way previous correspondence was handled.
- Communicate directly with accountholders and/or members of the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General’s office, etc., in writing. Communicate occasionally via phone/email with clients and CWS executives
- Research accountholder’s concerns, identify the root causes, and make recommendations to affect change in current procedures/practices
- Determine an appropriate resolution and work across departmental lines as needed
- Draft a response to be reviewed and approved by the Complaints Department Editors and/or Business Unit Management, while ensuring that the response and/or resolution meets service level
- Respond promptly to inquiries
- Scrutinize all complaints against regulatory standards, our client policies/contracts, and internal operating processes
- Maintain accurate files and logs
- Assess if there are any trends and alert various departments (Compliance, Operational, Training) so they can take additional steps to mitigate future risk
- Provide monthly complaint reporting to Compliance and other designated department or group
- Provide support to Business Unit Management team, including but not limited to reviewing and approving draft responses prepared by other Complaints Coordinators, exception reporting, projects, rolling out process improvements, and ad hoc reporting.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Proficient with Windows applications
- Excellent keyboard proficiency
- Excellent communication (both verbal and writing) skills
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Fast learner
- Team player
Ability to work under pressure at a rapid pace while maintaining accuracy
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent experience required; B.A. preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience with Microsoft Office program suite or similar desired
- 1-3 years’ business writing experience preferred
- Paralegal experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. CardWorks will do a thorough background check for all hires. This includes a review of your personal credit history, drug testing, background check, and employment/personal references. A good credit history is important.
- Job Family CARES
- Pay Type Hourly
- CardWorks Servicing, 100 Colonial Center Parkway, Lake Mary, Florida, United States of America
- CardWorks Servicing, 101 Crossways Park Drive West, Woodbury, New York, United States of America
- CardWorks Servicing, 225 W Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America