Facilities - Senior AV Engineer
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
The Sr. AV Engineer plans, coordinates, and oversees AV equipment installation, maintenance, and operation in support of CNA’s Conference Center, other meeting rooms, and general AV technology requirements including classified and unclassified conferences, meetings, video and audio teleconferences to advance the mission of the organization. This includes designing, recommending, deploying, securing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing these technologies. Recommend, schedule and oversee activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Provide AV support in the conference center and other meeting rooms as necessary to ensure successful conferences and events.
1. Design and manage CNA’s AV and web, video, and phone conferencing infrastructure and services supporting unclassified and classified operations. Continually assess and evaluate CNA’s AV capabilities and capacity and develop plans to address existing and future requirements. Develop and execute projects to implement these plans, leading small project teams as necessary.
2. Develop, recommend, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and processes for the provisioning and delivery of AV services. Work in close collaboration with the Manager, Conference Operations and other departments within the CIO organization and CNA to ensure services meet requirements.
3. Ensure the integrity, availability, reliability, performance and security of AV systems. Collaborate with the IT department to ensure proper integration between AV and IT systems. Collaborate with the Security Department in the planning, deployment, maintenance and operations of AV security measures. Ensure AV infrastructure meets compliance requirements.
4. Develop and publish metrics for AV services. Obtain feedback through surveys, focus groups, and other means. Use metrics and feedback to analyze and provide in depth evaluations to develop improvements to services and processes.
5. Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all AV procurement and development efforts. Develop, negotiate, and manage relationships with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain systems, products and services. Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for projects and associated efforts functioning in a project leadership role.
6. Train, mentor and coach more junior AV staff. Assist the Manager, Conference Operations with AV support scheduling and work assignments. Develop documentation and provide training for AV and conference services staff in the operation of AV systems and services.
7. Maintain AV, web, video, and phone conferencing technical expertise. Keep abreast of management and technical developments in areas of responsibility and share knowledge with Manager, Conference Operations and management.
8. Provide backup meeting and event AV support as required to ensure successful conferences and meetings. Consult with event planners, end users, and manager as needed, to ensure requested AV services are operating as expected.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience managing and delivering AV, web, video, and phone conferencing systems design and operation. Experience with classified AV systems preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated technical skills in AV, web, video, and phone conferencing. Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreements. Hands-on experience in troubleshooting a wide range of AV. Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project/budget management skills. strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions quickly and independently. Ability to present complex technical information in a user-friendly language; effectively communicating information with and engaging colleagues at all levels of the organization. Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Exhibit and maintain a strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Physical: Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate support for early morning, evening, and the occasional weekend event; sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components; occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings; able to lift 30 lbs. (e.g. computer and AV equipment), able to walk (to end user stations) and bend (to install and connect equipment).
Other: Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance. Ability to obtain and maintain Security+ or other approved DoD 8570 IAT II security certification within 3 months of hiring.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America