Facilities Projects Manager Bachelor's Degree Required
***A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required for this position ***
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages the engineering department, including Engineering Supervisors.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, reviewing, mentoring, training, evaluating, promoting, discipline of Engineering staff.
- Responsible for prioritizing, budgeting, assigning, directing, and supervising the Engineering department and personnel.
- Creates and implements policies and procedures regarding all the HVAC equipment, boilers, chillers, pumps, cooling towers, piping, electrical systems, emergency generators, UPS systems, and lighting.
- Provides leadership for code compliance and regulatory issues (CUPA, SCAQMD, SPCC).
- Provides support for ADA compliance issues.
- Responsible for safety and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for managing the landscaping contractor including agreements, budget, schedules, priorities, payments.
- Responsible for managing the pool and spa contractor.
- Inspects reports, administers, and provides corrective work and approval.
- Develops schedules, cost estimates, work order assignments for project work and create preventive maintenance work-orders as required.
- Trains staff on building management systems, work order programs, software for department, electronic systems that become available from time to time.
- Sets priorities for the Engineering department.
- Maintains inventory levels for equipment, parts and materials used by department.
- Creates logs, records, list and descriptions for use by department and department heads.
- Meets with department heads on a regular basis to review aesthetics and concerns.
- Bid, hire, supervise and contract with outside vendors, and/ or contractors as required.
- Make purchases as required.
- Attend meetings, make presentations as requested.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Facilities.
- Assist, supervise and coordinate the installation and repair of electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure safety and efficiency
- Assume responsibilities of shop supervisors in their absence.
- Due to the nature of business the incumbent may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Facilities.
Oversee, direct and coordinate the work of designated staff.
Make independent decisions.
Select, supervise, train and evaluate designated staff.
Trains staff on building management systems, work order programs, departmental software and other miscellaneous systems.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA