PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the building and its equipment. Applies coats or refinish to interior or external surfaces within casino premises.
1. Maintains all surfaces coated, applies coatings where necessary and as assigned by the department supervisor.
2. Ensures that proper coatings are used for all projects.
3. Maintains paint inventory and necessary tools and equipment.
4. Utilizes any or all of the following paint equipment: Spray gun, Brushes and rollers, Ladders and extension ladders
5. Operates any or all of the following equipment: Scissor lift, Pallet jack with up to 100 pounds, Fork lift
6. Completes all work orders.
7. Maintain and repair items such as doors, furniture, hardware, windows, gaming tables, all case work and laminate work. Climb on ladders, stoop, push or pull heavy furniture, and grasp hand tools.
8. Visually inspect, diagnose problems, basic remodeling with metal framework. This will involve the extension of arms to replace ceiling tiles, lifting and positioning of sheetrock and kneeling to repair flooring.
9. Perform shop work to repair or build furniture. Measure and be familiar with hardware materials available to the carpentry trade.
10. Experience in using shop equipment such as table saw, panel saw, drill press, band saw, electric planer and router are required.
11. With the materials and tools available the individual must be able to build cabinets, shelving units, and fabricate furniture parts for repairs.
12. The individual will be required to lift materials up to 80 lbs. Have finger dexterity to manipulate switches, operate fine hand and tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
13. Receive lumber deliveries and clean workshop.
14. Construct various signs and gaming tables, and hang items such as signs and banners.
15. Due to the nature of the business, the carpenter may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting other trades or erecting partitions and walls.
16. Good product knowledge of lumber (i.e. upgrade and types), hardware and other related supplies.
17. Knowledge of local building codes.
18. Skill in use of power and hand tools, such as planer panel saw, table saw, drill press, chisels, rasps, laminate adhesive etc.
19. Basic English language, communication skills in order to read blue prints and mechanical drawings, communicate with co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
20. Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials.
21. Ability to reach above head and support items such as wood, ceiling tiles, etc.
22. Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 500 lbs. (with wheeled assistance).
23. Ability to climb ladders, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
24. Ability to perform task consistently while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight of up to 80 lbs.
Work Experience Required: 3 years minimum experience as a painter
Education: High School Diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
Other Requirements: Knowledge in repairing and servicing painting equipment. Previous experience in carpentry, woodworking or cabinet making and blueprint reading.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA