Jr Staff Accountant
** This position pays a max of $24.00 per hour, no exceptions**
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Providing support to the Accounting Department daily activities for the processing, recording, and updating transactions.
2) Assists with the monthly close procedures
3) Prepares month-end supporting balance sheet schedules
4) Maintains a wide variety of financial information, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
5) Assist with internal control functions.
6) Assist with testing the operating effectiveness of various internal controls.
7) Reconciles a wide variety of financial data for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances.
8) Researches and resolves transactional discrepancies for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy financial information.
9) Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of resources – inter-department, outside customers, players, etc.
10) Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and timely information processing of financial reports.
11) Provides support for year-end auditor and tax processing
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
• Four-year college degree required.
• At least 5 years of experience working in a financial position with knowledge of the following items: a. Hands-on knowledge of processing and balancing financial accounts;
b. Ability to perform account reconciliations & analysis;
c. Ability to research and solve problems independently
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in team environment
• Ability to see big picture or to work with small details depending on the circumstance
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Manage/organize time, information and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
• Clear and effective communication, in written and verbal form
• Expert Excel skills required
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA