Regional Data Manager
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Title: Regional Data Manager
Location: Regionally flexible
Community Outreach Group, LLC (COG) is a subsidiary of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. COG specializes in data-driven digital organizing, relational organizing, door-to-door canvassing programs, signature collection, and public affairs. We help campaigns reach scale while having the quality conversations needed to change people's lives.
Community Outreach Group seeks enterprising and curious Regional Data Managers to support our paid canvass and organizing campaigns in 2020. COG runs a highly technical and data-driven operation, and incoming Regional Data Managers will have access to enterprise tools (Civis Platform) and both program and operational data to support assigned state campaigns.
In this role, you will support regional program staff by using data and analysis to ensure our programs are as effective and efficient as possible. You will support staff in the field through actionable reporting, analysis, and training, as well as providing support to canvass teams in the field.
This is a mid-level role, reporting to a COG State Director and supporting programs in one or more states. In this position, you will have the opportunity to fulfill the following functions:
- Reporting: Build and maintain reports on program, operations, and compliance to protocol based on templates.
- Analysis: Review and analyze both soft and hard data to offer feedback and guidance to your assigned program teams to optimize our work and suggest interventions.
- Training: Ensure canvass staff in your region have the data skills needed to use VAN and read their reports by participating facilitating webinars and 1:1 or small group trainings with your teams.
- VAN Administration: Create VAN accounts for canvass managers and deputy canvass managers in your region and provide frontline support for them to use these tools. Ensure canvass teams have the correct universes and scripts.
- Partnership: Support your State Director(s) to manage and coordinate turf selection and progression with the client and table partners in their states.
- Quality Control: Oversee canvasser data quality control program within your region, and monitor teams for compliance (canvassing within correct universe, consistent use of Teams & Divisions, etc.).
- Hustle Administration: Support teams in your region to upload lists and manage campaigns to communicate with canvassers in the field.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Basic familiarity with campaigns and the ways in which they use data
- Strong customer service attitude to help teams in your region use tools successfully
- Strong project management skills (especially important for telecommuters): you should be able to break a large project into its component steps and hold yourself accountable to completing them
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies quickly - undaunted in the face of challenges
- Excitement to learn what makes each program tick, and a strong desire to support field staff through actionable tools and reporting that make it easier for them to do their jobs
- Excellent communicator, verbally and on paper
- Experience and comfort using Google docs and other collaborative communication software.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Use of VAN, especially as a field or data manager
- Experience using SQL to query large data sets (can be learned on the job)
- Any of the following advanced skills: Tableau, mapping, d3.js, Fusion Tables, Python, APIs
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Experience with training others on utilizing technology.
- There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $55,000-$60,300 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with a tentative end date of November 30, 2020.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal