Regional Operations Manager 20
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Title: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Regionally flexible
Community Outreach Group, LLC (COG) is a subsidiary of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. COG specializes in data-driven digital organizing, relational organizing, door-to-door canvassing programs, signature collection, and public affairs. We help campaigns reach scale while having the quality conversations needed to change people's lives.
The stakes have never been higher for health care, abortion access, reproductive rights, and our democracy — and the opportunity has never been greater. Voters want elected officials who will stand up for their rights, their health care, and their safety. In 2020, Planned Parenthood advocacy and political organizations are uniquely positioned to engage and mobilize these voters.
This is a mid-level role, managed by the Operations Director and reporting to a COG State Director and supporting programs in one or more states. In this position, you will have the opportunity to fulfill the following functions:
- New Hire Onboarding: Set up new employees in your region
with email and logins to various systems used for our campaign operations.
Support the Training Director to plan the logistics for large staff orientation
events (securing sites, flights, and hotels, and ordering food and printed
- Office Operations: Identify and lease office space for use as a canvass or volunteer staging location. Order supplies on behalf of your regional teams. Ensure that at the end of the campaign, offices are properly closed and utilities turned off.
- Payroll: Ensure offices within your region successfully manage their payroll by:
- Training and supporting local staff to use COG’s HR system correctly and serving as frontline support for technical questions and issues.
- Reviewing and approving payroll for offices within your
region each week, while confirming that schedules are up to date, timesheets
are authorized nightly, gas cards and bonuses are tracked, and any payroll
corrections are resolved.
- Monitoring offices within your region to ensure that HR
paperwork is complete, background checks are conducted, employees are
registered for electronic payment and W2’s, and expense reports are kept up to
date, and communicating findings back to State Director, Program Director, and
National Operations Team.
- Processing termination pay for your region, if applicable under state law.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Detail-oriented and methodical approach; comfort managing a
many-step process successfully many times over.
- Creativity and resourcefulness - if you don’t have answers,
you aren’t afraid to figure them out.
- Strong customer service attitude to help teams in your
region use tools successfully.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities while tracking
everything you need to do.
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new skills and
technologies quickly - undaunted in the face of challenges.
- Experience or interest in campaigns and/or progressive issues.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Experience managing or assisting with payroll, especially
with a complex workforce (wage staff, variable hours, high turnover,
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce (can be learned on the
job if needed)
- Experience using Zendesk to manage support requests.
- Experience working on paid canvassing campaigns.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, mid-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary range of $55,000 – $60,300 . Employees may be based within a COG campaign office or telecommute, and will need to travel frequently throughout their region in order to train and support their teams.
Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
This is a full-time, seasonal position with the Community Outreach Group with an expected end date of 11/30/2020.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, LGBTQ, and differently-abled people to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal