Montana IE Organizer
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Title: Montana Full Time Organizer
Community Outreach Group, LLC (COG) is a subsidiary of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. COG specializes in data-driven digital organizing, relational organizing, door-to-door canvassing programs, signature collection, and public affairs. We help campaigns reach scale while having the quality conversations needed to change people's lives.
The stakes have never been higher for health care, abortion access, reproductive rights, and our democracy — and the opportunity has never been greater. Voters want elected officials who will stand up for their rights, their health care, and their safety. In 2020, Planned Parenthood advocacy and political organizations are uniquely positioned to engage and mobilize these voters.
We have built an electoral program to meet the moment and the stakes at hand. Planned Parenthood advocacy and political organizations launched its largest-ever electoral effort for the 2020 cycle, making strategic investments to take back the Senate, the White House, state legislatures, and defeat harmful ballot measures across the country.
Community Outreach Group is seeking enthusiastic Organizers to engage supporters, build and strengthen local leadership, and support the long-term goals of Planned Parenthood. Organizers will have the opportunity to execute on strategic and data-driven campaign plans. Organizers focus on recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to make the critical communications needed to win in 2020. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
- Recruit and retain volunteers by providing high-quality training, motivation, and support
- Develop volunteer leaders who can also provide high-quality training, motivation, and support to ensure we scale effectively
- Lead virtual phone banks, text banks, volunteer meetings, and training. If safety guidelines are met in specific regions, we may engage with the community in-person.
- Create a community amongst volunteers utilizing tools such as Facebook Groups and Slack.
- Complete high-quality reporting by ensuring meticulous data entry takes place
- Meet or exceed your daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends
- Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships quickly
- Excited to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Comfortable with technology, and can learn new tools quickly
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Has strong ties in the city in which you are applying to work
- Can tell us about their experience meeting goals and deadlines
- Has set goals and deadlines for other people, and helped them meet those goals or deadlines
- Has organized before (as staff, intern, or volunteer)
- Brings a basic understanding of how campaigns choose goals, set strategy, and identify activities
- Brings some knowledge of or experience in reproductive health issues
- Knows how to use the VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary on $50,000.00 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of November 10, 2020.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Community Outreach Group (MT), 1116 Grand Ave , Yellowstone, Montana, United States of America
- Community Outreach Group (MT), 208 E Main St #4B , Missoula, Montana, United States of America