Head of Academy Recruitment
Position: Head of Academy Recruitment
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Academy Manager/Director of Scouting
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. TSE is now building an effective MLS organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community. The team will play its first game in MLS in spring 2021 with all home games will be played at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
The Head of Academy Recruitment position will play an integral role in the formation and support of Charlotte, MLS Academy players and teams.
- On-field Responsibilities:
- Scouting of soccer matches and training sessions utilizing a given set of evaluation markers.
- Conduct individual player analysis to aid evaluation of potential players’ performance in line with club philosophy.
- Take the lead with the set up and implementation of the player trial process.
- Attend periodic Academy training sessions and games.
- Assistance with all Academy programming.
- Lead by example, emphasize the club values, as well as the importance of being respectful, humble and professional.
- Other duties as assigned
- Off-field Responsibilities:
- Review match analysis to evaluate prospective player performance and suitability.
- Prepare video feedback and data analysis regarding recommended players.
- Ensure collection and storage of data on trial players and potential trial players.
- Assist in establishing player identification guidelines.
- Assist in establishing formal guidelines for approaching clubs, parents and players.
- Formalize the procedure for signing and introducing new players to assure quality of service.
- Screen trialists to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach for departmental input.
- Attend all important staff meetings.
- Able to drive to matches and training sessions as required.
- Ensure that club code of conduct is always maintained
- Maintain the integrity of the club at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of scouting experience at Academy, collegiate or professional level.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including some nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Bachelor’s degree
- Scouting qualification
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with multiple stakeholders and personalities.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and approachable personality.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Dedicated and focused in order to identify players for Charlotte, MLS Academy.
- Must be a reliable team player who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Dedicated to personal development and keeping up to date with trends and best practices in the industry.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to traverse various athletic grounds and facilities
- Prolonged periods of standing or walking
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
This job operates mostly in an office environment and outside on athletic fields at times which may include inclement weather conditions.
MLS Charlotte is an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA