IT Support Engineer
Position: IT Support Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Information Security and Infrastructure Manager
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. TSE is now building an effective MLS organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community. The team will play its first game in MLS in spring 2021 with all home games being played at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
The IT Support Engineer shall provide technical, administrative, and user support for all organization users; perform onboarding, changeboarding, and offboarding functions related to provisioning accounts, imaging computers, assisting users, and maintaining checklists and other documentation; assist other IT personnel with management of facility IT infrastructure; provide specialized support for PC Windows products, as well as MacOS, iPadOS, and iOS products; perform inventory management related to IT equipment and accessories; serve as primary point of contact for IT helpdesk issues.
- Supports users with tasks related to using technology equipment and software.
- Assists with system setup and moves, including major moves for training camp and other football relocations.
- Assists with inventory management, new system setup, and system disposal.
- Documents and performs user onboarding/offboarding and user outreach in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Provides attention to anomalies of stadium systems, including resolution of viruses, malware, and misconfigured systems.
- Performs routine checklists as assigned.
- Assists with administration of inventory management, new system setup, and system disposal.
- Performs general clean up after equipment deliveries, including moving boxes, breaking down boxes, baling cardboard, and removing trash.
- Works with all members of the IT Department to assist, perform offload and substitute duties, and learn duties and responsibilities of other IT staff positions.
- Assists with training camp moves and other required relocations.
- Provides support for Windows, Apple MacOS, iPadOS, and iOS products.
- Serves as the primary contact or administrator for other initiatives as assigned or determined by the Information Security and Infrastructure Manager or IT Director.
- Participates in individual and group discussions relating to department priorities, initiatives, assessments, as well as tactical and strategic plans.
- Attends training and performs self-study to keep expertise on computer systems and related technology current.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology or information systems related field required.
- Three years minimum experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Mac workstations in prior employment.
- Experience using and supporting Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to pull and terminate CAT6 cables and use cable testing tools required.
- Demonstrated effective customer service and IT end user support skills required.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends for events, during critical projects, and during major IT incidents or outages.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects, and rapidly change between those projects and IT emergencies as they arise.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently with self-motivation.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Sitting at a desk and computer for long periods of time
- Bending, standing, reaching, kneeling, and lifting technology equipment and office materials.
- Driving a company owned vehicle
- Operating stadium machinery such as forklifts and scissor lifts (training will be provided)
- Lifting 60 pounds, working on a ladder, using power tools, and performing other facility maintenance functions related to technology infrastructure.
- Walking throughout the facility, sometimes for an extended period of time.
- Working under limited supervision of the Information Security and Infrastructure Manager and collaboratively with other IT and Facility staff.
- Work is mixed between an office and desk environment, network closets, and user or equipment locations throughout the stadium and other satellite properties.
- Work from home using personally provided Internet and availability via personal cell phone may be required during urgent incidents.
- Work involves at least two trips for training camp to assist with setup and takedown of computer equipment.
- Work may require leaving the facility at times to pick up equipment or attend out of town training.
MLS Charlotte is an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA