Weld - Welder
This position is with our company Fab-Tech, which manufactures PermaShield Pipe (PSP®), a revolutionary hybrid fluoropolymer coated stainless steel duct system recognized worldwide as the premier solution for corrosive and hazardous fume exhaust needs. PermaShield Pipe is a fully engineered, modular fume exhaust system that combines the reliability of stainless steel with the superior corrosion resistance of Fab-Tech's proprietary PermaShield Fluoropolymer Barrier Coating. PSP carries a highly regarded FM4922 approval as well.
SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of this position include performing GTAW and GMAW in a manner that ensures the production of our high quality line of PSP® products.
- Set up the work area, select and verify the material for production, and meet the daily welding production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
- Weld the following in different positions and on different gauges: stainless steel and black iron. Occasionally expected to weld other materials.
- Troubleshoot the welding equipment.
- Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
- Comply with established production philosophies designed to increase production, safety and/or quality; e.g., Lean Manufacturing, 5s and TWI methodologies.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base
- Perform various other assignments per Department Lead’s direction.
- Strong GMAW, GTAW welding skills and a knowledge of how all the equipment operates.
- Can speak and understand English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
- Able to read and understand cut sheets and engineering prints thoroughly.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy and weld symbols
- Knowledge of basic sheet metal layout
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Math skills to include basic arithmetic and geometry
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Minimum 1 year of TIG welding experience in a similar environment.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes medical (individual and family premiums shared between employer and employee), dental and vision coverage, HSA, Day Care reimbursement, matching 401(k), life insurance, disability, holiday and paid time off.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA