Legal Counsel, Procurement Contracts
About Cyxtera Technologies, Inc.
Cyxtera Technologies combines a worldwide footprint of best-in-class data centers with a portfolio of modern, cloud- and hybrid-ready security and analytics offerings – providing more than 3,500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers an integrated, secure and resilient infrastructure platform for critical applications and systems.
Cyxtera is the secure infrastructure company. By combining a modern, hybrid-ready information security fabric with an uncommonly diverse and distributed footprint of 63 world-class data centers, Cyxtera delivers a secure platform for connecting and protecting dedicated infrastructure, private clouds and public clouds.
For enterprises, government agencies and service providers, Cyxtera offers powerful, secure IT infrastructure capabilities paired with agile, dynamic software-defined security.
Simply put, we’re a new kind of data center company—one with security integrated as a core service offering into the facilities that sit at the nexus of enterprise IT and the cloud. And we’re a new kind of security company—with solutions built for the way we run our applications today
Cyxtera’s secure infrastructure portfolio includes:
- 63 world-class data centers
- A context-aware, identity-centric access control solution that surpasses outdated hardware-defined and perimeter-centric approaches to infrastructure security with a “software-defined perimeter” that increases resilience, simplifies management complexity and reduces costs
- Specialized fraud prevention and authentication services for specific verticals including financial institutions and government agencies
- Advanced investigative and network analytics to help better predict, prevent and detect threats
About the position
Cyxtera is seeking a Legal Counsel, to join its team. This attorney will be a proactive business partner that helps Cyxtera achieve its strategic objectives while getting exposure to a broad range of commercial and corporate issues in a dynamic, rapidly-growing business. This position will primarily support Cyxtera’s procurement organization and, in such capacity, will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of vendor and procurement contracts including SaaS contracts, marketing agreements, purchase orders, general terms and conditions, office lease agreements, construction agreements, etc.
- Review, draft and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of the company’s business.
- Provide support in connection with managing and maintaining template agreements, contract playbooks and procurement process.
- Ensure that documentation and processes are compliant with current laws, client requirements, and industry best practices.
- Oversee maintenance of contracts and ensure proper documentation for renewals and existing contracts.
- Providing effective advice and support on related legal issues as needed
- JD and admission to a state bar.
- A minimum of 3 years of commercial transactional experience (at least 2 of which are in an in-house legal department) in a law firm or in a fast-paced in-house legal department.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating commercial vendor agreements.
- Ability to be proactive and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Superior negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
Cyxtera is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Job Function CORPORATE SERVICES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator N/A
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Addison, TX 75001, USA
- Coral Gables, FL, USA