Residential Community Maintenance Technician
Responsible for preparation of vacant apartments, general maintenance repairs and Service Requests, preventive maintenance and help with projects for the residential apartment community.
Reports to: Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
1. General Functions:
- Respond to resident/management requests and Service Requests.
- Handle resident relations with tact, diplomacy and courteous communications.
- Maintain community appearance. Ensure repairs are completed on a timely basis. Participate on daily tours and inspections with Maintenance team.
- Maintenance Technicians are required to be "on call."
2. Maintenance & Service:
- Identify and correct hazardous property conditions. During normal course of duty, look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and repair/report to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Repair/replace appliances.
- Repair/replace plumbing systems.
- Repair/replace air conditioning/heating/electrical systems.
- Repair/replace any apartment material within scope of management responsibility.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Review the make-ready board or take direction from Maintenance Supervisor to determine action to be taken on apartments.
- Apply touch-up paint as needed to apartments and outside areas as needed.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be ready for move-in are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments is removed before, during and after make-ready activity.
4. Other Functions:
- Protect against damage to the asset from inclement weather (table umbrellas, flags, banners, landscaping).
- May be requested to assist in other areas of property including painting, grounds-keeping, trash pick-up, pool maintenance, house-keeping, etc. depending on property needs.
- Attends and participates in training program as needed.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Play Del Oro Apartments, 8601 Lincoln Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, United States of America