Principal Mechanical Engineer
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Job:
Works directly with the Asset Managers, Operations and Maintenance personnel, Project Managers and fellow Performance and Reliability Engineering team members to identify, quantify, investigate, report on and correct the root causes of sub-optimal fleet performance and reliability.
- 25% - Perform (and/or manage third party consultants) in conducting Root Cause Analysis to determine primary reasons for major failures affecting plant operations.
- 25% - Perform (and/or manage third party consultants) in developing Engineering Solutions to serial design defects while providing technical assistance to warranty claims processes.
- 15% - Mentor and train other engineers to improve competence and performance of the team.
- 15% - Lead initiatives to develop engineering practices and processes that improve engineering quality, productivity, and results.
- 10% - Coordinate efforts between Fleet Engineers, Asset Managers, and site technicians to develop and implement improvements to site performance and reliability.
- 5% - Perform reliability studies using Weibull analysis of various equipment to predict failure lifetimes on major components.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others: none
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant mechanical engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of equipment utilized in the renewable energy sector inclusive of utility scale wind turbines, solar panels, battery systems, and inverters.
- Demonstrated experience leading Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action problem solving for mechanical components.
- Demonstrated experience defining experiments to verify root causes and corrective actions of mechanical components.
- Demonstrated experience developing component or repair specifications and working with suppliers to qualify mechanical components for purchase or repair.
- Ability to present and effectively communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to develop innovative solutions to technical problems.
Physical Requirements: normal office environment requirements
85% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 15% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Corporate Office, 15445 Innovation Dr, San Diego, California, United States of America
- Houston, TX, USA