The successful candidate will join a demanding and busy Finance division and will be responsible for various Credit risk and analysis initiatives.
- Conduct Credit Underwriting within signing authority of new hedging contracts notional within the hundreds of millions
- To ensure astute management on-going monitoring of our existing Credit portfolio of medium to more complex facilities through regular evaluation.
- Creating/formulate accuracy and integrity of financials data, record keeping of credit exposure
- Contribute to our achievement of business growth and profitability targets by enhanced Credit Reviews through Analysis of financial statements and other financial sources such as Dunn and Bradstreet
- Adhere to credit/risk frameworks or methodologies to Analyze credit data and business information to establish credit limits.
- Maintain internal control standards, protect company risk and perform due diligence by daily monitoring of clients mark to market positions and timely notification of clients of margin requirements
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to maintain internal control standards, protect company’s risk.
- Appropriately action default payments/arrear accounts, make effective timely decisions within the established guidelines and policies, such as escalate to the Legal team
- Action fraudulent and bankruptcy notifications
- Build sustainable customer relations through open interactive communication, handling of complex inquires via online tool and telephone
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends and evolving regulatory requirements pertaining to derivatives
- Keeping credit manager informed and up-to-date about status/progress of projects
- Direct Interaction and Communication with internal departments; Sales, Operations, Legal
- Credit Administrative Duties;
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment and ensure timely communication of issues
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Consistently exercise discretion in handling correspondence, information and all matter of confidentiality; raise issues where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Finance or Business is essential;
- 5 years and more of relevant experience;
- Experience in FX Companies/Banks are a definite asset;
- Proficient in M/S Office
- Bilingual (French) an asset but not required
Abilities and Attributes
- Proven ability to make handle and/or lead multiple projects with minimal oversight;
- Proven record to contribute as a strong team player in a fast-paced, deadline driven, diverse environment;
- Strong working knowledge with excel, work, power point etc.
- Strong attention to detail is essential in order to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Solid time management skills;
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills; in-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – in-depth
- Data driven decision making – in-depth
- Uphold the highest level of confidentiality and discretion on daily transactions/responsibilities.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer a full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, work from home opportunities, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our downtown Toronto headquarters!
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for over 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs.
Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.