Computer Operations Analyst
Position is responsible for operating and monitoring computers, computer-related hardware/software and other operations’ area equipment; along with first level support of reported issues. This position requires analytical and problem solving skills to identify, diagnose\triage and escalate issues to the appropriate departments or management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual is responsible for performing support activities in computer and network operations under minimal supervision for a 24/7/365 Data Center.
- Provide on-the-job training for Computer Operators Interact positively and professionally with clients to quickly identify, diagnose, resolve and document client issues by following Incident Management Procedure
- Execute daily/nightly Computer Operator tasks which include, but are not limited too:
- HP Nonstop, Mainframe and Distributed Systems alert monitoring and reporting using multiple applications to maintain system and application availability and identify production and potential production issues
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve system errors, malfunctions, miss-configurations and job stoppages to maintain services, enhance capabilities and prevent system outages
- Batch job processing, resolution alert monitoring and reporting using multiple applications
- Client support and issue tracking resolution via emails, phone calls or monitoring alerts
- Create, triage, monitor and update incident requests via a ticketing management system Document all production related issues and actions for resolution
- Monitor change management activities to ensure awareness of scheduled work as it relates to the production environments
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge where appropriate
- Document and report daily tasks, responsibilities, change requests and incidents to the oncoming shift
- Complete hourly system checks, service level agreement tracking, tape management processes, call queue monitoring, request statistic reporting, approved system and database changes via production access requests and execute temporary IVR access requests
- Report and escalate downed circuits to Telco providers for trouble resolution as needed
- Off hours support for Active Directory, and application specific password resets
- Execute daily/nightly first tier support for production applications which include, but are not limited to
- Assist in recovery procedures
- Participate in project activities as needed
- Research root cause and correct where possible for job/batch aborts
- Timely and accurate incident escalation to the Command Center Operations Management and support teams; timely and accurate incident reporting to all business units via an in house emergency broadcast system
- Determine need for and initiate conference bridges for issue resolution support teams
- Create, update and distribute procedural documentation as needed
- Maintain accurately updated statistical information of impacting issues for trend analysis, problem management, and reporting purposes.
- Maintain and document computer hardware for Command Center Operations
- Assist in day-to-day Network Operations Center Associate tasks as needed, such as resetting VPN tunnels
- Actively seek out, document and report process improvements for the Command Center Operations team. Accurately and thoroughly look for ways to improve and promote quality and apply feedback to improve performance and monitor individual work
- Complete daily and weekly time tracking
- Assist in maintaining a clean work environment
- Perform overflow support for other roles as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities; position is responsible for training of Computer Operators.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate they are able perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree/Technical Certification in Computer Science or related field or 2+ years related Computer Operations experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Network Operations experience a plus; experience controlling and monitoring a multi-platform environment, HP NonStop, Web applications, Mainframe and Distributed Systems is a plus
- Knowledge and proven understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a plus
- Must be security minded and possess strong documentation skills, with general knowledge of procedure documentation
- Proficient with structured wiring and cable management best practices
- Critical and analytical thinking skills are required and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
- Must have a basic understanding of networks, and be familiar with the concepts of “ping”, “trace route”, ”SNMP”, and “NSLOOKUP”
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality, apply feedback to improve performance and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Windows and Office products and be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm.
- Possess ability to act upon oral and/or written instruction provided; ability to troubleshoot quickly and accurately; effective time management skills
- Must be a team player with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, clients and vendors, able to adapt to changes in the work environment, i.e., managing competing demands, delays or unexpected events while maintaining composure/flexibility
- Must be dependable, accountable for own actions, demonstrate initiative to actively detect and resolve issues and evaluate feedback to balance expectations with goals
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to lift 40+ pounds on an occasional basis
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires work schedules of days or nights to support a 24/7/365 work environment
- Individual must be flexible to work overtime as needed, in addition to holidays
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6 billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide. FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives, which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- 5301 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA