The Tax Analyst is responsible for compilation of financial information necessary for operating tax compliance, including sales and use tax, property tax and fuel tax.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare timely and accurate sales and use tax returns for some complex states.
Prepare timely and accurate property tax returns for multiple locations.
Prepare timely and accurate fuel tax returns for multiple customers.
Prepare tax accrual accounts monthly reconciliations.
Review and respond to tax notices.
Identify ways to improve the tax compliance process.
Assist with sales and use tax audit responses.
Research specific tax issues concerning sales and use taxes as they arise.
Prepare state and local business license applications and renewals; respond to notices.
Review and analyze capital expenditures and consumable invoices to ensure proper sales/use tax treatment and to ensure proper accruals are maintained.
Examine Company and vendor tax exemption (resale) certificates for accurate completion prior to being maintained by the sales and use tax accountant or assigned personnel.
Maintain tax calendars for statutory deadlines and any applicable extensions (Personal Property Tax).
Supervision of other personnel not required in this position.
Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is preferred with 2 or more years of related experience.
In lieu of degree, 6 or more years of related tax experience is required.
A demonstrated ability to process and file multi-state sales and use tax, property tax and fuel tax returns is required.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven intermediate level proficiency in Word and Excel Experience with Vertex and OneSource tax software, Lawson, Account Reconciliation Software (i.e. Blackline, AssureNET) and tax research material and applications (CCH) preferred.
- Strong level of personal organization with excellent oral/written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented, with a commitment to above-average accuracy.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment.
Superior telephone, email etiquette and customer service skills are require
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit at workstation for a minimum of 7 hours per day, while using a computer keyboard and telephone. No lifting or other strenuous activity required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all requirements, duties and skills. Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6 billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives, which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- Job Family Account Management
- Pay Type Salary
- 5301 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA