Senior Director, Growth
Senior Director, Growth
Content Ventures, a fast-growing business unit that’s part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is hiring a Senior Director of Growth to join one of its portfolio companies, Reviewed/reviewed.com, a consumer product review and recommendation website.
This role’s primary responsibility will be to strategize and identity new opportunities for continued, meaningful revenue growth. You’ll help drive internal discussions regarding business strategy as well as develop and prioritize major new partner initiatives.
You will collaborate closely with other business leaders across the company and will have responsibility for negotiating agreements while seeking guidance from leadership and subject matter experts.
While you will not directly manage a team, you will set goals and collaborate across functions with a diverse group of colleagues to execute the strategy and programs, manage key partnerships and monitor progress towards goals. Success will be measured in terms of new revenue, audience growth and growing brand awareness.
The role can be based in our main office in Cambridge, MA or NYC or remote employees may also be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the Cambridge, MA or NYC area.
- Research and evaluate new strategic revenue opportunities with initial focus on driving affiliate revenue & licensing opportunities across the USA Today Network and on third-party digital publishers and platforms.
- Identify and communicate promising opportunities to senior management.
- Create financial models/business plans and P&Ls to demonstrate realistic ROI for new opportunities.
- Assess feasibility and resource requirements for projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at Reviewed and across all of Gannett as needed to execute new initiatives.
- Successfully negotiate complex deals with strategic partners, including contract work.
- Stay on top of digital media industry news, competitors and latest trends.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business, communications, journalism, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA from a top tier program is preferred.
- 8+years of relevant experience building and growing B2B and B2C businesses; negotiating complex partnerships and/or spearheading growth at an established brand.
- A solid understanding of the affiliate business model, licensing, e-commerce and online merchandising.
- Negotiating and deal making experience.
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills; proficiency with P&L development/management.
- An innovative, strategic thinker with excellent judgement.
- Proven ability to establish and grow trusted relationships with executives, peers and business partners.
- An accomplished written and verbal communicator who has excellent presentation skills.
- Comfortable overseeing projects.
- Collaborative and cooperative work style.
- Experience working with technical teams is a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Business Development
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- New York, NY, USA