Driver II (Full-Time)
Gannett Publishing Services
Under general supervision, delivers all products to specified Distribution Centers in Central Texas.
• Checks and verifies loads and keeps accurate records of deliveries.
• This position will require you to work 4-5 shifts a week.
• Completes daily pre- and post-trip inspection of truck/vehicles and reports any needed repair work to supervisor on duty.
• Cleans interior of vehicle, is familiar with fueling procedures, records mileage and time requirements to deliver runs.
• Runs can be from anywhere between 5 to 8 ¾ hours per night.
• Late nights and early morning day shift requirement required.
Uses company truck to deliver pre-packaged inserts and newspapers to assigned Distribution Centers in Central Texas. Must be familiar with delivery procedures at distribution locations. Must have a strong commitment to safety and excellence. Is expected to produce quality work.
Must have good driving record with no moving violations in the last two years. Medium to heavy work performed; up to 60 pounds lifted at one time.
Must have a strong commitment to excellence, safety and customer service. Is expected to produce quality work.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Job Family Transportation
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Abilene, TX, USA