Editor – Kitchen & Cooking
Editor – Kitchen & Cooking
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an experienced content creator to join us as a full-time Editor for the Kitchen & Cooking category. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding and informed opinions of the kitchen tools and gadgets that home chefs love.
You’ll be part of a growing team, creating daily content about kitchen products, ovens, the “smart kitchen,” and other home goods. Your work will be read across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
We live by our mission: To help people buy the best stuff and get the most out of the stuff they own. There’s no shortage of “stuff” for the modern kitchen, so we test it all. Our product recommendations are trusted by millions because we put in the hard work: rigorous testing and helpful, shareable articles that speak to home chefs and kitchen geeks.
As Editor, you’ll be the category lead on a two-person team (plus 5-6 regular freelance contributors) responsible for testing, writing, editing, and updating our Kitchen & Cooking product guides, as well as writing and editing various stories on the topic.
You’ll work alongside editors of our other verticals to help shape our total editorial strategy and build relationships with key brands in order to stay informed on industry developments.
This position requires someone with a deep and abiding love of kitchen gear and cooking, as well as the ability to turn out fast, clean copy that connects with readers. This is a perfect fit for an editor looking to move to a publication with a wider audience or a writer looking to step up into an editor’s role.
The Editor for Kitchen & Cooking is part of the Home team, reporting to the Managing Editor for Core Content and working in our product labs and editorial office in Cambridge, MA. (Offices are currently closed due to COVID-19).
- Lead the daily editorial calendar for Reviewed’s kitchen and cooking coverage using intelligent, data-driven decisions.
- Manage one full-time direct report.
- Assign and edit stories from your direct report and a small team of freelancers.
- Test kitchen products and services, including small and large appliances, meal kits, and kitchen tools.
- Write reviews and quick-turnaround feature stories on relevant topics.
- Update and maintain the roundup reviews (“The Best Right Now” articles) for your categories.
- Assist the editorial team as a whole in writing assignments and generating great story ideas.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Deep passion for and understanding of the kitchen and cooking product market.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics experience a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack. (The office is currently closed due to COVID-19 and most tasks are able to be completed from home in the interim.)
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 173 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Editors
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA