Team Leader - Planner
One Water, One Team
When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. We are racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource.
Do you love building a team? The GLWA is seeking Gurus for our Team Leader role experienced in Liquids Solids, Disinfection, and Lab Operations You will supervise, guide, direct, and train staff, and assign work on projects, and prioritize tasks. You will complete all local, State, Federal and GLWA required reports, regulatory sampling and handle annual unit budget as assigned. As you supervise an assigned staff within the unit, you will oversee and plan work assignments and assist in the development of staff, while maintaining a collaborative work environment. You will also prepare performance evaluations of your assigned team.
Required Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in the related operational or functional fields, such as Engineering, Chemistry, Accounting, or Human Resources from an accredited college or university; or a combination of related work experience and education
- Management and operational experience gained through dynamically more responsible positions in the utility industry
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Professional Accreditation in related operational or functional field
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, employee development, and employee training and discipline
- Project management
- Operating procedures
- Safe work practices
- Lead annual organization budget items as assigned
- Recommend operational efficiencies
- Provide an ongoing safety and injury prevention program
- Supervise all staff within the facility or functional unit
- Assist in disaster preparedness
- Keep records and prepare necessary reports that include logs and computer files
- Perform related roles as assigned
- Coordinate and plan the work assignments (i.e., balance projects, coordinate crews)
- Keep up-to-date with technology and infrastructure
- Train and develop staff
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare performance evaluations of assigned team
- Attend and facilitate meetings, set priorities, track attendance and approve purchases
- Assist in the training of organization staff and maintain a collaborative work environment
- Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License and the ability to drive a motor vehicle on all terrain as well as be available to perform shift work which includes all day, afternoon, night, weekend and holiday assignments
- Follow security and safety policies and procedures in carrying out work duties as well as wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) relative to the specific classification within the title
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This position requires extensive computer use and extended time seated in meetings. This position also requires the ability to walk throughout the plants and facilities.
GLWA offers competitive pay and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your demonstrated hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or industry, and relevant work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities, and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 10100 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48214, USA