Management Professional - Engineering/Construction
One Water, One Team
When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. We are racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource.
The Management Professional is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, controlling and executing various projects and tasks for a unit. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining best practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely deliverables. The Management Professional may work independently or with a team to achieve operational efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Establish and maintain relationships with internal/external clients, vendors and all other stakeholders. Develop and maintain processes and procedures consistent with best practices, federal, state and local laws. Achieve operational efficiencies by forecasting requirements, contributing information and presenting recommendations. Identify and implement process improvements, staff training needs, and new technology. Analyze variances and initiate corrective actions needed to ensure timely completion of assigned projects. Prepare and generate documentation to support audit requirements. Support the Unit Director and/or Manager with administrative duties, team coordination, and communications. Provide analyses, performance indicators, and reports for the management team, board, committees, and all other stakeholders. Stay current with industry trends by participating in educational opportunities and professional/community organizations. Follow security and safety policies and procedures in carrying out work duties. Provide on the job training.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Prepare and present status reports to management as needed. Respond to all requests for project information. Coordinate meetings and tasks with other units across the organization. Develop, install, test and monitor systems including software applications, conversions and upgrades monitoring. Perform related work duties as assigned.
May supervise a process, functional unit or team as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
• Business technology, data management systems and applications
• Auditing practices and principles
• Project management
• Analysis and reporting techniques
• Acquire knowledge of the organization’s general budget principles, operations and procedures
• Drive change and initiate process improvements
• Prepare and maintain data and reports
• Pay close attention to detail
• Make effective decisions
• Promote and foster teamwork environment
• Establish and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• Develop and execute long-term plans
• Estimate, anticipate, and identify risks and obstacles
• Participate in identifying organizational strategic goals as well as business planning and evaluation
• Participate in the implementation of new initiatives
• Negotiate and develop solid internal and external relationships
• Exercise superior computer, analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution
• Use advanced technology
• Organize work to meet tight deadlines
• Prepare budgets and monitor expenditures
• Motivate, train, lead, and develop staff for improved performance and efficiency
• Maintain effective working relationships with others
• Effectively utilize appropriate security and safety equipment and procedures
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
• Problem solve effectively
• Communicate frequently with team members and other units across the organization about process, equipment or potential problems
• Develop proficiency in unit specific operations and software
• Direct team activities or to work as a team member
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (position requirements at entry):
• Bachelor’s degree in a related operational area
• Three (3) or more years of experience in a specialty designation area preferably in municipal or public utility setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This position may require sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time, light to moderate lifting, reaching, pulling, and carrying. Manual dexterity and audiovisual/linguistic acuity is required.
Environmental Working Requirements:
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to computer screens, working in team offices and closely with all staffing levels.
Valid Michigan Driver’s License
Ability to commute to GLWA facilities and work sites
We are all strategic partners on the path to becoming a
Utility of the Future, and GLWA prioritizes the selection of highly talented,
well-qualified individuals to help us get there.
We are dedicated to expertly delivering the nation’s best
water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan. We offer competitive pay
and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your
proven hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or
industry, and meaningful work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job
training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in
a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities,
and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Job Family Management Professional
- Job Function Staff Functions
- Pay Type Salary
- 9300 W Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48209, USA