Office Support Specialist - Benefits
One Water, One Team
When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. We are racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource.
Office Support Specialist – Benefits Team
Why choose the Great Lakes Water Authority/GLWA? Make a career. Make a difference. At GLWA, you can create a career that matters.
GLWA is looking for a Talented Office Support Specialist (OSS) to join the Benefits Team.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent customer service, critical thinking, time management, and problem-solving skills to join the Organizational Development Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - In this role, you will champion:
Delivering exceptional customer service.
Partnering with Benefits Team to respond to benefits inquiries and issues providing courteous, accurate, responsive, and timely service.
Serving as a primary point of contact for Team Members and vendors to triage and facilitate the resolution of inquiries and issues.
- Assisting with New Team Member Orientation and Onboarding sessions.
- Processing benefits enrollment per plan verification process.
Creating metric reports and compiling data for reporting purposes using the Organization’s HRIS System, advanced MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Tracking and completing vendor invoicing, self-billing, and other necessary reporting. Support Finance with reporting needed to pay benefit vendors. Compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, GLWA policies, and labor contracts related to benefits administration.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual regulatory filings and data compilation for quarterly and yearly audits
- Staying abreast of emerging government regulations.
- Ensuring Team Member information and records are kept confidential and handled in compliance with HIPAA.
- Performing audits and compliance reviews to ensure data integrity and resolve errors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Key Skills, Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum one (1) year of experience performing clerical or administrative support.
Meet all of the requirements to advance to the Office Support Specialist level 2 within two (2) years from level 1 designation.
Three years of experience of robust experience working with Benefits in a high-volume Human Resources environment is highly preferred.
We are all strategic partners on the path to becoming a
Utility of the Future, and GLWA prioritizes the selection of highly talented,
well-qualified individuals to help us get there.
We are dedicated to expertly delivering the nation’s best
water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan. We offer competitive pay
and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your
proven hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or
industry, and meaningful work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job
training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in
a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities,
and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Job Family Office Support Specialist
- Job Function Staff Functions
- Pay Type Hourly
- 735 Randolph Street, Detroit, MI 48226, USA