Professional Administrative Analyst - Benefits
One Water, One Team
When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. We are racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource.
Professional Administrative Analyst – Benefits Team
Why choose the Great Lakes Water Authority/GLWA? Make a career. Make a difference. At GLWA, you can create a career that matters.
GLWA is looking for a Talented Benefits Professional Administrative Analyst
The Professional Administrative Analyst (PAA) position is responsible for managing the daily administration of organization-wide benefit programs. As an integral member of the Great Lakes Water Authority’s Benefits and Wellness Team, the PAA will ensure accurate and timely benefits administration through collaboration with external vendors and internal partners in Organizational Development, Payroll, Finance, Legal and Procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - In this role, you will champion:
- The day-to-day administration of organization-wide benefit programs such as health and welfare, life insurance, leave of absence, FMLA, STD/LTD, retirement and well-being, with the Manager.
- Providing support for Team Member inquiries on new enrollments and life events.
- Preparing spreadsheets and charts to display and communicate carrier information for presentation for the Executive Leadership Team.
- Assisting with the open enrollment processes, including systems set-up, testing, communications, training, responding to questions, auditing, and vendor file uploads.
- Retirement plan administration including auditing 401a, 457b, RothIRA, and RHS plan enrollments and funding. Activities include validating payroll data and reconciling contributions posted to participant accounts, resolving any discrepancies.
- Auditing and compliance activities such as all required notifications to Team Members and internal partners.
- Completing all vendor invoicing, self-billing, and other necessary reporting. Support Finance with reporting needed to pay benefit vendors complete quarterly audits.
- Monitoring and ensure data feeds from vendors/ benefits administrator are complete and accurate. Resolve all data discrepancies, including root cause analysis and implementation of data corrections in HRIS and interface changes.
- Responding to escalations from benefit vendors and internal partners such as HR, Payroll, Finance, and Legal.
- Maintaining relevant procedure documents and audits benefits-related data throughout the year.
Qualifications - Key Skills, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in benefits and/or compensation
- Advanced computer skills and experience with HRIS Systems and Reporting, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Must possess excellent organizational, customer service, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and within a fast-paced team environment is critical.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and follow up and lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to employee compensation and benefits.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist coursework/certification and general knowledge of HR and benefits practices preferred
We are all strategic partners on the path to becoming a
Utility of the Future, and GLWA prioritizes the selection of highly talented,
well-qualified individuals to help us get there.
We are dedicated to expertly delivering the nation’s best
water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan. We offer competitive pay
and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your
proven hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or
industry, and meaningful work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job
training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in
a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities,
and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Job Family Professional Administrative Analyst
- Job Function Staff Functions
- Pay Type Salary
- 735 Randolph Street, Detroit, MI 48226, USA